The personal finance industry has taken notice of the award-winning highly informative personal finance by the Debt Free Guys who focus on for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer community as their target underserved audience. Debt Free Guys is the passionate and often funny collaboration of David Auten and John Schneider III who share their story of how as a gay couple they use to live beyond their previous means and accumulated $51,000 of consumer debt. They woke up to the disadvantage that put them in and decided to do something about it. They strategized together a plan to pay off that $51,000 and as a result Debt Free Guys was born. In addition to writing they host audio and video interviews of experts in an array of fields that also focus personal finance in its many forms from managing your money to career tips that help you earn more too.
They have a solid understanding that there’s more to life than money. They share that you need to give money the importance it deserves, but warn that you should not make it more important than it actually is. Your freedom from debt provides financial freedom to do more with what you have. After paying of debt and living within your means – it’s like getting a raise. You have more money to invest in your long-term financial health providing you security and peace of mind. Having fun is critical to a balanced life and paying for that fun should be balanced as well.
- 6 Simple Tips to Write Your Best Self-Assessment
- How to Build LGBT Business at the NGLCC Conference
- 10 Smart Money Tips To Do Better With Money
- Paying Off Credit Card Debt for Good!
David and John have built a credible resource and have been referenced in Business Insider, US News, Market Watch (and here), TIME, The Motley Fool, MSN Money, The Huffington Post, and more. Further, their rich and thoughtful content caught the eye of Forbes.com where they were invited to become regular content contributors.
A little about David and John:
- Nationally recognized experts on queer and straight personal finance
- Authority on debt fee living, investing and financial independence
- Speaker at FinCon 2017 and on Prudential’s 2016 LGBT Financial Experience Tour and 2017 LGBT Financial Experience Symposium
- Brand ambassador and partner for MassMutual, Prudential and Capital One
- Online contributor for Forbes, The Motley Fool, YahooFinance, Business Insider, MSN Money & Time
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Plutus Award Nominee and winners of Best Personal Finance Blog in 2018
- Co-authors of the hard-copy book, 4: The Four Principles of a Debt Free Life
- Co-authors of the eBooks: Money Conscious Student, Money Conscious Financial Planning Guide & Do You Know How to Be Money Conscious
- Over 20,000 social media followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube
Are you aware of an LGBT owned business or community non-profit we should inform our readers about? Contact us with an LGBT owned business lead or news tip.