In this episode of OutBüro Voices featuring LGBTQ professionals, entrepreneurs, and community leaders from around the world, host Dennis Velco chats with Saraounia Mboka-Boyer, a Senior Capacity Development and Inclusion Specialist at Pact.
Listen/follow on your favorite audio apps
Leave an Episode Comment and/or Recorded Message
Be a Guest or Recommend a Guest
Saraounia is a bilingual organizational change management and development specialist focusing on the intersections of Capacity Development/Building, sustainability, Gender equity, and Climate Change for systems strengthening in an international development context(s). In our discussion, she explains what Capacity Development is and how improving the basic operational skills can improve an organization’s chances of gaining grants or other funding so they may work on their core mission. Marginalized communities include the gay (homosexual), lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer populations within the many countries Pact operates.
- 01:10 Saraounia introduces her international exposure due to parents work with the #UnitedNations
- 02:45 Attended her first HIV/AIDS workshop at ages 6 accompanying her father which began to shape her foundation
- 04:00 She explains what capacity development is and how she applies that with organizations
- 05:20 My recap to validate understanding
- 07:10 Focuses on the LGBTQ communities, meeting them where they are on skills and helping them increase their skills and connect with resources
- 17:00 Discussion on how LGBTQ non-profit opportunities to partner, challenges to think how your organization might partner with others
- 26:15 Join OutBüro (https://www.OutBuro.com)and create/join for your non-profit, region or industry
Pact (https://www.pactworld.org/) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. They work in many areas including HIV/AIDS care and prevention. When called upon, they openly work with LGBTQ focused organizations based in the regions they operate in needing their assistance. They welcome partnerships to further create impactful change. In her role at Pact, she assists non-profit NGOs primarily within the countries of Liberia, Congo, South Africa, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
To connect with Saraounia find her on OutBüro here. https://www.outburo.com/profile/saouniasmb/
Join me and Saraounia on OutBüro, the LGBTQ professional and entrepreneur online community network for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, allies and our employers who support LGBTQ welcoming workplace equality focused benefits, policies, and business practices. https://www.OutBuro.com
Would you like to be featured like this? Contact the host Dennis Velco. https://outburo.com/profile/dennisvelco/