Do you feel obligated to spend money for the holidays? Yes, it is the season of giving. But if you’re taking on debt to buy gifts for friends and family, you may feel less festive and more stressed.
But what if you had a plan to pay off that holiday debt fast?
On this episode of Queer Money, we share seven quick tips for getting rid of debt as quickly as possible, challenging you to get crystal clear on WHY you want to pay off your cards and avoid accruing more debt.
- 7 quick tips for paying off holiday credit card debt ASAP
- How a clear WHY fuels you to keep working toward a goal when times get tough
- 3 strategies you can use to stop accruing debt
- Why we spend less when we use cash rather than credit or debit cards
- The benefit of paying your bills on payday vs. waiting until they’re due
- How to do a spending analysis to rein in overspending (e.g.: subscription services you don’t use)
- Our advice on building an emergency savings and keeping the money at arm’s length
- Our 5-step debt lasso method for paying off credit cards
- Putting extra money (e.g.: holiday bonuses) toward credit card debt
- Download the 7-Step Credit Card Debt Slasher
- 13 Christmas Savings Hacks on Queer Money EP286
- NerdWallet Article on Cash vs. Credit Cards
- 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life
- The Happy, Healthy, Wealthy Gay Men’s Toolbox
- Debt Free Guys on Facebook
- Debt Free Guys on Twitter
- Queer Money Facebook Group
- Queer Money on Instagram
- Queer Money on YouTube
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Email [email protected]