Publish Articles on OutBüro
We’re always looking for new ways for members to contribute professional insights on OutBüro. Our publishing platform allows members, in addition to Influencers, to publish articles about their expertise and interests. As noted above you must have completed at least 30% of your profile to activate this feature. On your profile be sure you have uploaded a head shot and filled in the Short Bio field. Together, these will be displayed on every article you publish on as your author block at the end of the articles. Also, be sure under preferences your profile is set to use your Real Name.
- Must be an OutBüro registered member which is no cost, and be logged in.
- Follow Articles: Publishing Platform Guidelines
- Note that will be moderated: reviewed for potential approval. It will not be publicly visible on the site blog until it has been approved.
- While pending review, via the Publishing Account Dashboard, you’ll be able to edit the article and/or delete it.
- It will be reviewed for pertience to the community and adherance to the OutBüro policies and community guidelines. It may be slightly edited to improve layout, SEO and other factors. During this intial moderation phase we’ll strive to provide you feedback if necessary to improve your future articles.
- As with all content on the site, even after publication it has the potential to be adminitratively moderated and as all content may be reported by community members if believed to not be in compliance with the community standards and policies.
Adding an Article to OutBüro
- While logged into your OutBüro account, under the News, Articles, and Resources (blog) tab, choose Submit Article.
Title: Enter an article title that is catchy, includes pertinent SEO key words and under 50 characters is ideal.
Article Body: We recommend composing your article in a word processor tool like MicroSoft Office or LebraOffice along with using a tool such as Gramerly.com. Have any links already formated within the article body. When your aricle is ready, copy and paste it into the Artile Body section. We recommend adding an image or two to the article that are in theme with the content and help convey the message of the content. You may also link to videos from popular video content sites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
Click the keyboard image in the format bar to extend for more options.
Click the little icon in the lower right and drag to make the area larger or smaller as you like.
Category: Choose at least one Category from the drop down menu that best matches the genre of your article. You may choose more than one category, yet do so judiciously and purposfully. Selecting all categories will not help exposure and actually diminish search engine optimization results. If you believe additional categories should be added, we are happy to consider adding more. Go ahead and choose one that is present and then submit a Support ticket requesting an addional category to be considered.
Tags: Add a 1-4 tags that sumarize the body of content separated by commas. Example: LGBTQ Entrepreneurs, LGBTQ Startup, Business Funding
Article Excerpt: Add a short summary of the article, try to keep it under 150 characters.
Featured Images: Upload an image to be the article feature image. Featured Images should be at least 1200 pixels wide and 800 pixels high and no larger than 3 megs. It should be either .JPG or .PNG file format.
Click the Featured Image button.
Use the stardard file selection tool as you do in any other tool.
Notes to Site Admin: Optionally provide any notes to the site admin you desire about this specific posting. This is not a replacement for the Support ticket if experiencing techincal issues.This WILL NOT be included in the article posting.
Submit: To save/submit your ariticle for administrative review and approve click the Submit button. Else, click the Save Draft to return to your work at a furture date.
Keep it Office Friendly
We just have one basic rule. It must be appropriate for a office setting. Meaning OutBüro’s intent is to remain 100% corporate office appropriate and policy friendly. Innappropriate content can and should be reported. See the below:
- Nudity, Harassment, Offensive Laguage and Sexual Content are all Never Appropriate on OutBüro
- Report Inappropriate Content
Edit or Delete Articles
See Edit or Delete Articles documentation.