On OutBüro you are able to be your full self and explore all aspects of both your professional interests and personal interests. We’ve recently implemented Group Categories to differentiate between groups at a high level. If you have an idea for another high-level category we’d be happy to consider it. To make a suggestion, just use the Contact Us form.
- Regional – City, Region of a city, County, State, Provance, State, Country
- Professional – Legal, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, College, Students, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Real Estate, Writing, Journalism, Brands/Businesses/Organizations, professional networking, etc.
- Life-Style – Sports, Gardening, Cooking, Nightlife, Yoga, etc.
- General – Mental Well Being, Coming Out, Law of Attraction, Caregiving, Brands/Businesses/Organizations, Philosophy, Family, History, Nutrition, CBD, Reading, POZ, QPOC, Pride Event Organizations, etc.
- Gender Queer – All groups with a focus on genderqueer, gender-fluid, non-binary, personal connections, etc.
- Men – all groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying men, personal connections, etc.
- Women – All groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying women, personal connections, etc.
- Transgender – All groups with a focus on topics and interests of self-identifying transgender persons, personal connections, etc.
- Open – group and content visible to all site members – anyone can join
- Closed – group visible to all – must be accepted – content visible to only group members
- Secret – group and content only visible to group members – must be invited
Group Requirements and Management
- To access groups on OutBüro users must be a Yearly/Monthly member of OutBüro.
- Group owners/administrators/moderators control the content of their groups. The OutBüro team does not provide oversight or admin support unless content is reported and/or if asked by the Group owners/administrators/moderators for assistance with a particular issue.
As a Yearly/Monthly OutBüro member, you have the option to join our Affiliate/Influencer program and earn residual income from those that you spur to join the site. The system is set to 3-levels earning 10% on Level 1, 5% on Level 2 and 2.5% on Level 3 as long as the memberships remain in active status. Check out the Affiliate/Influencer Income Estimator. This is for all OutBüro members, but additionally for those running a group on OutBüro.
Locate Groups of Interest
- From the top menu if on a desktop or tablet, under the Community menu item, choose a Group Category or All. On a smartphone it is under the hamburger menu icon.
- Scroll or use the Search feature to find Open and Closed groups.
- Learn More – For a brief introduction to the group scope and intent, click the Learn More link.
- Join – Click the Join Group button at the top yet the bottom-left area of the Group Cover/Header area.
- Open Groups – As soon as your request to join you’ll be admitted and be a group member.
- Closed Groups – After requesting to join, the group owner/admin/moderator will either approve or reject your group membership request.
- Secret Groups -As mentioned you will not know of Secret groups unless you are invited to join them. If invited, make your choice if you would like to accept the invitation.
Create a Group
- If you don’t locate a group currently active on the site that suits your interests, consider creating a group. We love to have you participate and grow the community.
- Create: From the main group page, near the top on the right side click the Creat Group button.
- Name: Enter a Name for the group.
- Description: Provide a group Description.
- Type – Choose the type of group it will be. The options are open, closed, and secret.
- Open – This type of group allows anyone to join and participate and is displayed in the list of groups and may be found via the group search. Being Open means too that the contents of the group is visible to any site member, even non-members, and internet search engines. A non-group member may not interact in the group such as posting or commenting, they may only view it. To comment or post, they would need to join the group.
- Closed – The contents of the group is not visible to non-group members and is also not indexed by search engines. A closed group is displayed in the list of groups and may be found via the group search. In this type of group, persons must request to join or be invited to join. Once a group member they may participate.
- Secret – The content of the group is not visible to non-group members and is also not indexed by search engines. A secret group is NOT displayed in the list of groups and may NOT be found via the group search. In this type of group, persons must be invited to join. Once a group member they may participate.
- Submit – To complete this step click the Create Group button in the bottom right of the dialog box.
- Group Logo – Like a profile headshot, the group logo is used on the site as you see on this listing of groups. We love branding so if you create a group and are not sure what to use or how to create a logo, we’d be happy to help. Please submit a Support Ticket and request help. A square image is best and we recommend 400×400 pixels in JPG or PNG format. Remember to respect copyrights.
- Group Cover/Header – Just as on your profile page, a group page may and should have a group header image. Ideally, the image would have a relation to the group. If you are stumbling to find a related image, a great Pride image with rainbow flags waving is always great. Remember to respect copyrights. Group cover/header images are recommended to be a 3:1 ratio such as 1200×400 in JPG or PNG format.
- Now that you are in a group and/or created a group, let’s get others involved.
- From the group page, use the Invite button in the bottom-right area of the group header/Cover.
- Search for site members and select Invite.
You control all site notifications including those from the groups you belong to.
To do so, in the bottom right of the group header/cover, click the bell/notifications button and make your choices.
To view/modify all site notifications navigate to your profile, click your About tab, then the Notifications sub-tab, and make your choices.
To easily located all the groups you belong to you’ll find them via 3 easy methods. You must be logged in with a Yearly/Monthly membership.
Desktop and tablet – From your Profile Actions menu located in the left sidebar and/or top menu from your Profile image dropdown menu choose Groups. Also from your profile page, select the Groups tab.
Smart Phone – When logged in, click your profile image at the top of the page. then click the drop-down menu arrow next to your profile image, then select Groups. If you navigate to your profile page, select the Groups tab.