LGBT Employees – Review/rate your employers in support of LGBTQ Corporate Equality.
With a mask of anonymity, you can:
- Shine a spotlight on those employers that are enjoying the benefits of being LGBT-friendly by creating a welcoming environment with great LGBT-inclusive benefits and policies.
- Share your experiences of discrimination, harassment and other injustices that create workplace mental stress and suffering. Unleash your inner superhero.
Any Size – Large or Small
Any Location – Worldwide
Your Voice – Anonymously
With the majority of US states not granting legal protections and rights for LGBT people along with this administration doing everything they can roll back the few protections in place, it’s left to companies to lead the charge by providing an LGBTQ-friendly work environment through corporate policies and benefits.
OutBürois a Glassdoor.com-like resource where you may share your experiences what it’s like working for your current and recent past employers – up to 5 years past.
Why Rate Your Employer?
- Studies have proven that the more diversity-focused a company is the more profitable they are
- Current measurements of Corporate LGBT Equality is Fortune 1000 level only and HR/Marketing department head SELF REPORTED with no/zero EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK.
- Your review may provide public accolades for progress already achieved by their current focus on LGBTQ Corporate Equality
- Shine a light on problems – Is the company/organization not quite living up to LGBTQ Workplace Equality? Let them know anonymously.
- You are making it a better environment for yourself, current and future co-workers
- You are providing a resource for job seekers to make informed decisions about where to work
- You are helping the company’s employer branding
- You are helping it become a more profitable company improving shareholder value
- You are a SUPERHERO
OutBüro is striving to be a global resource for the LGBTQ community by empowering LGBTQ people with a voice to influence business, company and corporate culture to improve the work-life for all both now and in the future. It is a feedback system for companies to gauge their real progress toward full LGBTQ workplace equality.
Every company listing in the CompanyReviews Employer Listing is required to indicate if the company has the following policies, benefits, and programs in place or not.
- Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Policy
- Gender Identity Non-Discrimination Policy
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits
- Has an LGBT Employee Resource Group
- Public Commitment to LGBT Equality
- LGBT Inclusion Competency Training
- If it operates in more than one country has the same policies and benefits globally
- Requires all vendors and contractors to have similar policies and benefits Indicate the number of diversity in management
- Indicate the number of LGBT in management
Are LGBT-Friendly Policies Enough?
Simple answer – No. Having LGBTQ-friendly policies are wonderful and appreciated – but not the full picture. Remember, in the US Sexual Harassment policies have been in place since the late 70’s and still today it continues to happen. Just turn on the news. Now consider all the cases that do not make the news and those that go unreported. Discrimination and harassment of LGBTQ employees are no different. Just having policies is not enough. We must provide visibility and insight to make the change and ensure it is effective in its goals to protect.
Grab Your Spandex, Cape, and Mask
Review your employer today