Employers encouraged to continue to invest in online training
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#LearningAndDevelopment–New technologies are making workplace training more efficient, accessible and relevant than ever. Though social distancing measures are easing, employers should continue to invest in online learning to equip teams with the modern skills they need, says online assessment provider, Questionmark.
Many employers shifted training online when it became impossible to deliver face-to-face programs. And 18 months later, senior leaders have noted several benefits which make the case not to go back.
- Efficiency – online learning cuts out travel time and can speed up delivery.
- Personal relevance – online learning programs do not depend on a critical mass of employees coming together in one physical location. It is easier to tailor content to the needs of an individual.
- Frequency and agility – the business environment is constantly shifting. Modular, bite-sized training is often more effective at equipping workers with the modern skills they need. Online training is easier to deliver in small, more regular chunks.
- Flexibility – because participants do not need to travel to one place, people can log on at a time that suits their working pattern.
- Cost and convenience – there are no time or travel costs, so workers don’t need to down tools while they travel to and from a physical center. Of course, this also saves on the environmental impact of such travel.
John Kleeman, Founder of Questionmark said: “Online training has emerged as a more effective way of upskilling team members and ensuring training is relevant to their constantly-evolving needs. It is essential that during and after the training, leaders test that people have learned what they should.”
By testing participants during and after the training, employers can be confident that it’s worked. Where participants are failing to grasp the subject matter, managers can provide additional support. By testing skills and knowledge before the training, leaders can make an informed call on which team members actually need it. Assessments can reveal individual areas of strength and weakness and ensure training is more tailored.
Notes to editors
Questionmark unlocks performance through reliable and secure online assessments.
Questionmark provides a secure enterprise-grade assessment platform and professional services to leading organizations around the world, delivered with care and unequalled expertise. Its full-service online assessment tool and professional services help customers to improve their performance and meet their compliance requirements. Questionmark enables organizations to unlock their potential by delivering assessments which are valid, reliable, fair and defensible.
Questionmark offers secure powerful integration with other LMS, LRS and proctoring services making it easy to bring everything together in one place. Questionmark’s cloud-based assessment management platform offers rapid deployment, scalability for high-volume test delivery, 24/7 support, and the peace-of-mind of secure, audited U.S., Australian and European-based data centers.
For more information:
US: Kristin Bernor, external relations: [email protected] +1 203.349.6438
UK: Gareth Streeter: [email protected] +44 7793 021 607
Australia and New Zealand: Chelsea Dowd: [email protected] +61 2 8073 0527