In this episode of OutBüro Voices featuring LGBTQ professionals, entrepreneurs, and community leaders from around the world, host Dennis Velco chats with Myles Meyers CEO and founder of Superbia Services.
The credit union is owned and managed by it’s gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersexed, asexual, gender nonconforming, queer, and or great community allies who join. It provides all the traditional financial and banking services for personal and small businesses. The services side is working to provide life and health insurance as well as wealth management. Mr. Meyers has decades of financial services experience and founded Superbia based on the discrimination and biases many in the LGBTQ community face. Superbia, which is Latin meaning Pride, is designed to serve a community need as well as provide needed funding for LGBTQ community nonprofits. The more you use the services the more that, it can be provided to the community. It is a social impact business that creates an equal financial playing field where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As Mr. Meyers stated, “the world doesn’t need another bank or insurance company, but the world does need one that is focused on serving this community”. 13:50
Our first article on Superbia in December 2018: https://www.outburo.com/superbia-fina…
Learn more about Superbia Services at: https://superbia.org/
- 01:30 Myles provides a brief background overview which includes nearly 30 years in the financial services space
- 02:20 In 2015 Myles investigated LGBTQ focused financial service offerings and found none. He realized the need and the idea was born.
- 03:00 As a cooperative/credit union the members own and manage the organization. We can benefit the members and the community.
- 04:00 The credit union obtained it’s charter Sept 9, 2019. They are working on the final operational approvals before that opens live.
- 04:15 The credit union is the foundation yet Superbia is broadening to life insurance, health insurance, and wealth management. The need is there.
- 05:00 A member may be voted onto the board
- 05:30 Superbia will offer small business banking and services
- 07:00 the national association was launched on July 1, 2020
- 08:30 It is an online model with a partner network fork local cash withdraws and local cash deposits to reach our members where they live
- 12:00 Have received international coverage and interest
- 13:50 the world doesn’t need another bank or insurance company, but the world does need one that is focused on serving this community”
Connect with Myles on OutBüro at: https://www.outburo.com/profile/myles/
Join Myles on OutBüro, the LGBTQ professional and entrepreneur online community network for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, a.lies and our employers who support LGBTQ welcoming workplace equality focused benefits, policies, and business practices. https://www.OutBuro.com
Would you like to be featured like this? Contact the host Dennis Velco.